Presolo Checklist

This is what you need to solo:

Renters Insurance Application ($60K hull minimum)
Mail Application To:
Denise Porter
Aviation West Insurance Brokers, LLC
P.O. Box 1509
Vista, CA  92085-1509
T. (760) 727-7444
F. (760) 727-7555
(Include AOPA membership # for discount)

SFRA Course Certificate

Presolo Written Test

Student Pilot Certificate

To obtain a student pilot certificate you will need to go to the FAA's IACRA web site to create an account and then complete an application for a student pilot certificate. Notify your CSP flight instructor that you have completed the application and he/she will then submit the application to the FAA for you. If you are coming from out of town for concentrated training we recommend you have your local FAA office submit the application and wait for your new certificate to arrive in the mail before starting training. Obtaining your student pilot certificate can take several weeks so it is best not to wait until the last minute to do this!


Medical Certificate

If you are working towards a recreational or private pilot certificate or do not hold a US drivers license (learners permits do not count), you will need to get 3rd class aviation medical certificate that will double as your student pilot certificate.  We recommend:

Anil Chopra
(410) 766-1444
Arundel Medical Group
7575 Ritchie Hwy
Glen Burnie, MD 21061

Please complete an online application before you go at: